AERIAL YOGA INTERMEDIATE TEACHER TRAINING COURSE - JULY - AUGUST 2022
Thank you for your interest shown in the Aerial Yoga Intermediate Teacher Training Course. Please read the following information and feel free to contact us should you have any questions or should you wish to apply for the Aerial Yoga Teacher Training program.
Within this training programme you will learn how to teach more advanced Aerial Yoga poses safely, taking into consideration your equipment, the environment and most importantly your students’ ability.
We encourage you to use your current experience to create your own unique style incorporating new elements, offered within this training programme, into your classes helping to create a new and exciting experience for your clients as well as for yourself as the teacher.
The Foundation course has been running for over 10 years and we have seen many teachers’ setup their own studios and facilitate classes in South Africa, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Italy and France. This knowledge is the basis for the Intermediate training that Aerial Yoga is now offering.
We are offering an in-person training course but you can also join as an online student due to the current Covid-19 Pandemic. For the Online course, you will need a good internet connection. We recommend purchasing your own hammock for both the online and in-person course.
Saturdays 13-17 pm
23, 24, 30 & 31 July
6, 7, 13 & 14th Aug
Plus 1 additional weekend for exams in August, date TBC during the course. The course will run over 5 weekends in total.
Shakti Yoga Studio, Douglasdale, Johannesburg
For further information, pricing and schedules, please get in touch
- A recognised Beginner Aerial Yoga Course, content needs to be submitted if it is not the AY Foundations course that we facilitate.
- You will need to be in a good state of health to manage with the physical components of this training.
- A CPR / First Aid certification which may be completed during or after Aerial Yoga Teacher training (unless a current one can be provided).
The training will take place over an 8-day period. It is predominately practical application of the Aerial Yoga Intermediate poses as well as practical teaching sequences and assessments.
- Over 100 poses divided into 10+ categories
- Specialised workshop on shoulders and Injury prevention
- Videos of poses and short sequences
Before the certificate is awarded, the trainee is required to complete the following:
- Attend 90% of the course and catchup via Online Zoom sessions
- Teach at least 4 mini sequences during the course
- Teach a full 60min class, this 60min session will be in person at the end of the training unless attending from another city.
- Attend 15 Intermediate / Advanced Aerial Yoga classes before, during or after the training. A record must be provided before the final certificate is issued.
- Teach 20 Aerial Yoga classes once the training has been completed and submit your teaching records before final certification is issued.
The Aerial Yoga Intermediate course is recognized with Yoga Alliance International as a 100hr course.
For those wanting to become accredited yoga teachers you will be assisted in registering with the Yoga Alliance International, based in Tamil Nadu, India. This course meets all the criteria for the international yoga standards and is accredited with Yoga Alliance International.
You can apply for your YAI certification after the completion of your training. If you have not registered your 200hr yoga training with YAI you can apply immediately for your 300 level once you have completed the Intermediate training with Aerial Yoga. YAI fees will apply.
This Accreditation is not a certification program, rather it is a listing of yoga schools and yoga teachers whose training and experience meets certain minimum international standards.