AERIAL YOGA FOUNDATIONS TEACHER TRAINING COURSE - APRIL 2023
Thank you for your interest shown in the Aerial Yoga Teacher Training Course. Please read the following information and feel free to contact us should you have any questions or should you wish to apply for the Aerial Yoga Teacher Training program.
Aerial Yoga is a fun, challenging, yoga inspired class combining aspects of Yoga, Pilates, Aerial Arts and strength training. It is designed to increase strength, mobility and flexibility, a total mind and body workout for those who want to combine fitness with FUN!
WHY JOIN THE AERIAL YOGA TEACHER TRAINING?
The Aerial Yoga Foundations course will give you over 100 poses to create new and challenging classes for your students. It’s the perfect way to share your love of Aerial Yoga and it’s the perfect addition to a studio already offering a range of wellness options or just on its own.
Within this training programme you will learn how to teach Aerial Yoga safely, taking into consideration your equipment, the environment and most importantly your students. We encourage you to use your experience to create your own unique Aerial Yoga class or you can use the training to deepen your own understanding of Aerial Yoga.
The course has been running for over 8 years and we have seen many teachers’ setup their own studios and facilitate classes in South Africa, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Italy and France.
15,16,21,22,23 April 2023
11,12,13,26,27 August 2023
The starting times for the course may vary but plan to be available from 10am till 5pm each day.
Shakti Yoga Studio, Douglasdale, Johannesburg
For further information, pricing and schedules, please get in touch
- A current 200-hour yoga certification with a recognized institution.
- OR a current Pilates certification with a recognized institution, with regular attendance at a Yoga studio.
- You will need to be in a good state of health to manage with the physical components of this training.
- A CPR / First Aid certification which may be completed during or after Aerial Yoga Teacher training (unless a current one can be provided).
The training will take place over a 6-day period. It will include lectures covering both the theory behind, and practical application of the Aerial Yoga Foundation poses.
- About Aerial Yoga, the vision and the style of Yoga
- Over 100 poses divided into 8 categories
- Class structuring & sequences
- Equipment and set-up
- Practical sessions for assisting students
- Access to the online portal, with videos of poses and sequences will be available
Before the certificate is awarded, the trainee is required to complete the following:
- Attend 90% of the course and catchup via Online Zoom sessions.
- Theoretical short quizzes and one main online written exam will take place once the course days are completed.
- Teach a full 60min class, this 60min session can be submitted via video or can be done in person at scheduled time.
- Attend 15 Aerial Yoga classes before, during or after the training. A record must be provided before final certificate is issued.
- Teach 10 Aerial Yoga classes once the training has been completed and submit your teaching records before final certification is issued. Feedback forms are provided. Please adhere to any COVID restrictions in place at the time.
The Aerial Yoga Foundations course is recognized with Yoga Alliance International and Yoga Alliance South Africa.
For those wanting to become accredited yoga teachers you will be assisted in registering with the Yoga Alliance International, based in India. This course meets all the criteria for the international yoga standards and is accredited with Yoga Alliance International.
You can apply for your YAI certification after the completion of your training as the course is recognized for 100 level training. If you have not registered your 200hr yoga training with YAI you can apply immediately for your 300 level once you have completed the training with Aerial Yoga. YAI fees will apply.
This Accreditation is not a certification program, rather it is a listing of yoga schools and yoga teachers whose training and experience meets certain minimum international standards.